A quarterback from the University of Hawaii got drafted.
Timmy Chang couldn't impress the NFL scouts with his passing yards and is now the second-string quarterback of the Hamilton Tigercats in the CFL. But Colt Brennan could! Drafted by the Redskins in 6th round he played a pretty well in the first three preseason games. He completed 17 out of 23 pass attempts (74%) with three touchdowns and no interception that's a quarterback rating of 146.6. Impressing?
Yes, but it's even more impressing to watch him play. His first appearance in the Hall-of-Fame-Game was incredible. I loved the first long completion over the safety's head and right into hands of his receiver. And later in the drive he put the ball in endzone, where only the wideout could get it.
Colt Brennan is on fire!
I hope he will get his chance in the pros soon. I think he is a complete athlete and not just a "system quarterback". He should earn the number two spot in the battle with Todd Collins. Collins played well against the Jets on saturdays completing a lot of short passes. But he is old and Colt Brennan is the future!




