Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Bald Guy's Heisman Race Week Nine

My Heisman race is pretty much dominated by quarterbacks, but this week a new running back entered.
Who? Let's find out:

5. RB Javon Ringer -Michigan State-
I always root for Donald Brown, but I can't ignore Ringer any longer. He is playing a great season. His 192 rushing yards against Michigan were impressive and his season stats are more than solid, too. He leads the FBS in rushing yards and scoring.

4. RB Donald Brown -UConn-
Brown rushed for 150 yards and 2 touchdowns against Cincinnati. He also added 58 receiving yards on 4 catches. So far this season his rushing average is 5.6 yards per carry and he already crossed the goalline 14 times. In my opinion he is the best running back in the FBS right now.

3. QB Sam Bradford -Oklahoma-
Bradford had a relatively poor day in the shootout against Kansas State completing only 40% of his passes. But he managed to threw for 3 touchdown and secured the win with his turnover-free performance.

2. QB Graham Harrell -Texas Tech-
Texas Tech and Harrell are ready for this week's top game against Texas. Last weekend Harrell completed 5 touchdown passes and rushed for another one. He really spoiled Kansas' homecoming.

1. QB Colt McCoy -Texas-
The best two quarterbacks of the FBS going head-to-head this weekend. Can Texas Tech's defense stop McCoy? No, I don't think so, but I think they can slow him down. McCoy was terrific against Oklahoma, but not mistake-free.

Dropped out:
QB Zac Robinson -Oklahoma State-

Bald Guy's Heisman Race will be continued after week 10, if I survive the excitement caused by the upcoming Texas-Texas Tech game!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
ss_blog_claim=426e6a1725db20851cd784a8a2edb607